Special Education Pre-K Typical Peers Programs
The Special Education Pre-K Program is looking for typically developing peers for its 3-year-old and 4-year-old programs.
- Tuition will be $25 per week per student.
- Students must be three years old on or before September 1, 2019, for the 3-year-old Pre-K program or four years old on or before September 1, 2019, for the 4-year-old Pre-K program.
- Students must live within the city limits of the City of Decatur unless parent or guardian is an employee of Decatur City Schools.
- The 2019 online enrollment window will open from February 19 - March 13. Links to the online registration for Pre-K:
To be considered, the online registration must be completed by March 13, 2019, at 11:59 P.M.
To be considered, proof of age and proof of residency must be received at our Central Office by mail or in person (302 4th Avenue NE, Decatur, AL 35601) or as an attachment in email to TPP@dcs.edu by 3:30 P.M. on March 13, 2019.
- Students will be chosen through a multidimensional screening process. You will be prompted to sign up for a screening appointment following submission of registration. Initial screenings will be held on designated days between March 4 and March 13, 2019.
- Selected participants will be notified by mail. Letters will mail on May 10, 2019.
- If you are currently enrolled in your Typical Peers Program for 3 years old, you do not need to register for our Typical Peers Program for 4 years old.
- Locations for the 2019-2020 school year:
3 year old at Oak Park Elementary
4 year old at Oak Park Elementary
4 year old at Eastwood Elementary
Spanish-speaking families may click here or call 256-308-2545 for translation help. (Para ayuda en Español, familias hispanohablantes pueden llamar al 256-308-2545.)