First Class Pre-K (Title and Non-Title Schools)
Online registration will open on January 15, 2021 for the 2021/2022 School Year.
Please read the following important information:
- Must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- Must provide proof of residence (examples: Decatur Utility bill, lease agreement, purchase agreement, an affidavit).
- Must provide proof of birth (examples: Birth Certificate, Baptism Certificate, Passport, US Government Issued Document).
- All documents should be uploaded as an attachment to the online application or can be emailed to Tammy.Russell@dcs.edu.
FREE First Class Pre-K is offered to residents who live in the following Title I School Zones: Austinville, Banks-Caddell, Frances Nungester, Oak Park, West Decatur, and Woodmeade.
- Documents required for registration (e.g. proof of residence and proof of birth) should be uploaded as an attachment in your application or emailed to Tammy.Russell@dcs.edu. All Documents must be received by February 26, 2021, in order to receive an email that will allow you to schedule a screening appointment. Screening appointments will be offered in March.
First Class Pre-K (Non-Title Schools) is offered at the following schools: Ben Davis, Chestnut Grove, Eastwood, and Julian Harris.
- Tuition is income based using a sliding scale.
- All documents required for registration (e.g. proof of residence and proof of birth) should be uploaded as an attachment to your application or emailed to Tammy.Russell@dcs.edu. Documents must be received by February 26, 2021, in order to be placed in a random drawing that will be held on March 23, 2021.
- First preference will be given to applicants residing in the school attendance zone, then those residing in other DCS school zones, and lastly those residing outside of our school system.
Click on the link below to start your application. It is very important to read and follow the directions on each page of the online application.