Enrollment & Registration
Are you interested in enrolling your student in Decatur City Schools? Please read the information below and follow the appropriate links.
2019-2020 New Student Registration Information
Students new to Decatur City Schools for the 2019-2020 School Year can be completed at the Decatur City Schools Board of Education located at 302 4th Ave NE Decatur, Alabama. You will be required to complete items 1 and 2 before your registration is complete
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
1. Submit required Enrollment forms (Found at the bottom of this page for download)
- New Student Registration Information
- Home Language Survey
- Employment Survey
2. Gather the following Enrollment Documents:
- Proof of name and age (Birth Certificate, Passport or any government issued document stating name and date of Birth)
- Proof of Residence (see Proof of Residence Requirements and FAQ at DCS.edu, Enrollment for more information on acceptable Proof of Residence)
- Photo ID of parent/legal guardian of enrolling student. Only the parent or legal guardian can enroll the student.
- Up-to-date Alabama Immunization form for student
- Social Security Card (helpful, but not required)
- Custody Papers, if applicable. Please see Frequently Asked Questions document at DCS.edu, Enrollment, for more information about accepted custody documents.
- Student Registration
- Non-resident (outside city limits) Enrollment
- Child Find: Help Us Locate Children with Disabilities . . . Contact your school system for ages 3-21 or 1-800-543-3098 (TTY 800-499-1816) for birth through 2. Spanish-speaking families may call 1-866-450-2838 ("Familias de habla hispana pueden llamar al 1-866-450-2838.")