Enrollment & Registration
Are you interested in enrolling your student in Decatur City Schools? Please read the information below and follow the appropriate links.
2019-2020 New Student Registration Information
Students new to Decatur City Schools for the 2019-2020 School Year can be completed at the Summer Enrollment Office located at 406 2nd Avenue SE, hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. You will be required to complete items 1 and 2 before your registration is complete
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
1. Submit required Enrollment forms (Found at the bottom of this page for download)
- New Student Registration Information
- Home Language Survey
- Employment Survey
2. Gather the following Enrollment Documents:
- Proof of name and age (Birth Certificate, Passport or any government issued document stating name and date of Birth)
- Proof of Residence (see Proof of Residence Requirements and FAQ at DCS.edu, Enrollment for more information on acceptable Proof of Residence)
- Photo ID of parent/legal guardian of enrolling student. Only the parent or legal guardian can enroll the student.
- Up-to-date Alabama Immunization form for student
- Social Security Card (helpful, but not required)
- Custody Papers, if applicable. Please see Frequently Asked Questions document at DCS.edu, Enrollment, for more information about accepted custody documents.
- Kindergarten Registration/Enrollment Information
- Kindergarten offers exciting and engaging instruction that provides a solid academic foundation for your child. Classrooms are well-equipped and have innovative technology. Besides learning from their classroom teachers, students enjoy working with their art teacher, music teacher, PE teacher, librarian, and counselor. Kindergarten “rocks” in Decatur City Schools!
- Kindergarten is available for children who are 5-years-old on or before September 1, 2019.
- Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) Enrollment Information
- Pre-K students will have an opportunity to engage in reading readiness skills, math readiness skills, fundamentals of technology and many more exciting learning activities delivered by highly-qualified teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Students must be 3-years-old on or before September 1, 2019, for the 3-year-old Pre-K program or 4-years-old on or before September 1, 2019, for the 4-year-old Pre-K programs.
- Student Registration
- Non-resident (outside city limits) Enrollment
- Child Find: Help Us Locate Children with Disabilities . . . Contact your school system for ages 3-21 or 1-800-543-3098 (TTY 800-499-1816) for birth through 2. Spanish-speaking families may call 1-866-450-2838 ("Familias de habla hispana pueden llamar al 1-866-450-2838.")