Enrollment & Registration
Are you interested in enrolling your student in Decatur City Schools? Please read the information below and follow the appropriate links.
Decatur City Schools is now enrolling new students for the 2020-2021 school year. If your child will be entering school for the first time, recently moved into the Decatur City Schools district, transferring from another school district, private school, home or church school – please follow the instructions below to begin the registration process:
*Returning students from 2019-2020 need to complete their Online Registration to be enrolled for 2020-2021.
Steps for NEW Student Registration
- Complete the Decatur City Schools 2020 - 2021 New Student Pre-Registration Google Form
- Complete the Online Registration once you receive a Snapcode (parents/guardians will be required to upload Proof of Age; Proof of Residence; up-to-date Alabama immunization; Social Security Card (helpful, but not required) and Custody Papers, if applicable.
- Enrollment will email or call with confirmation of receipt of all required items, school placement and school year information.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Parent/Guardian state issued photo ID
- Alabama Immunization Form or a Certification of Exemption
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate/Passport)
- Social Security Card (Request, not required)
- Custody Papers are required if you are divorced or you are not the parent listed on the birth certificate
- Proof of Residency (in parent/legal guardian’s name)
- New Student Online Registration
Returning Student Registration for 2020-2021
Decatur City Schools will utilize Online Registration (InfoSnap Enrollment) for returning students , those who were enrolled as of May 2020. InfoSnap Enrollment for returning student registration requires a Snapcode to access the record.
Snapcodes were emailed starting May 15, 2020 to the addresses we have on file for custodial guardians. If you have questions about your student's Snapcode, you can email questions to email@example.com.
- Child Find: Help Us Locate Children with Disabilities . . . Contact your school system for ages 3-21 or 1-800-543-3098 (TTY 800-499-1816) for birth through 2. Spanish-speaking families may call 1-866-450-2838 ("Familias de habla hispana pueden llamar al 1-866-450-2838.")