Decatur City Schools
We are excited to introduce Chromebook laptops to all students from 4th through 12th grade! We believe this initiative will improve creativity, collaboration, citizenship and critical thinking in our schools. There are a few things we would like for you to know about the Chromebooks and our expectations for our students.
So what is this all about?
- Students will check out a Chromebook (and charging cable) during the week before or first week of school.
- Students must take it home, keep it charged, and bring it to school every day!
- Students will be able to learn any time, any where.
- Students are responsible for taking care of it and using it properly.
- There is no initial fee for the program.
- There is no charge for normal wear and tear on the devices.
- A fee may be incurred if the student intentionally damages the device.
How is the device monitored?
- We use several programs, including GoGuardian and Gaggle on top of our regular content filtering to ensure students are on safe websites.
- ALL activity on the Chromebooks is monitored, regardless of the network to which they are connected.
STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO CHECKOUT CHROMEBOOKS UPON COMPLETION OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
INFOSNAP REGISTRATION (WHICH INCLUDES PARENT DIGITAL AGREEMENT)
STUDENT SIGNATURE ON 1:1 AGREEMENT
STUDENT COMPLETION OF STUDENT CHROMEBOOK TRAINING (LIVE AT PICKUP OR VIRTUALLY THROUGH CANVAS)