The Mission of Decatur City Schools is to provide an innovative learning community committed to academic excellence and meeting the unique needs of every individual.
Beliefs: We believe that:
All students can learn.
A safe and supportive learning environment promotes student achievement.
The collaboration of teachers, administrators, parents, and the school community is essential to the advancement of the school system’s mission and goals.
Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
The commitment to continuous improvement is expected of all stakeholders of the school system.
Diversity enriches our school system through the recognition of the contributions of a variety of ideas, values, and cultures.
Our educational programs must prepare students to become contributing members in a rapidly changing, diverse, and global society.
Quality schools make a vibrant community.
Strategic Planning Goals:
Goal Area I – 100% College/Career Ready Graduates
· Increase Student Achievement
· Expand and Extend Learning Opportunities
· Improve and Expand an Innovative Curriculum
Goal Area II – High-Performing Staff
· Recruit and Retain a High-Quality Staff
· Provide Data Driven Professional Development
Goal Area III – Supportive Operations & Processes
· Ensure Well-Maintained and Safety Centered Facilities
· Provide Effective Financial and Business Processes
· Promote Efficient Operational Processes