Kindergarten Pre-Registration will take place on May 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 8 AM until 4 PM at each school. After May 3, please contact Mardeli Gonzalez at (256) 552-3000 to schedule an appointment for registration.
Each elementary school will host a Kindergarten Orientation. You are invited to attend the orientation for the school your child is zoned to attend. Pre-Registration may be completed at the orientation. You may find the orientation time or times for your school below.
Kindergarten Orientation Schedule:
- Austinville Elementary - May 1st from 11 AM–12 noon and 6 PM–7 PM
- Banks-Caddell Elementary - May 1st from 11:15 AM–12 noon
- Benjamin Davis Elementary - May 1st from 10 AM–11 AM and 4 PM–5 PM
- Chestnut Grove Elementary - May 1st from 4:30 PM–6:30 PM
- Eastwood Elementary - May 1st 1 PM–2 PM and from 6 PM–7 PM
- Frances Nungester Elementary - May 1st from 8 AM–9 AM
- Julian Harris Elementary - May 1st from 8:30 AM–9:30 AM and from 5 PM–6 PM
- Somerville Road Elementary - May 1st from 4 PM–5:30 PM
- Walter Jackson Elementary - May 1st from 9 AM–10 AM and from 5 PM–6 PM
- West Decatur Elementary - May 1st from 9 AM–10 AM
- Woodmeade Elementary - May 1st from 5 PM–6 PM
Several items will be needed to complete Pre-Registration. Be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Proof of Age*
- Proof of Residency - may bring any one of the following items
- Utility bill - must be dated April 2018 or after. We cannot accept bills marked "Past Due"
- Rental Agreement - in parent/guardian name or student listed
- Lease Agreement - in parent/guardian name or student listed
- Purchase Agreement
- Immunization Card*
- Social Security Card (suggested, but optional)
- Custody paperwork if applicable
*Proof of Age and Immunization Card not necessary if student is currently enrolled as a Pre-K student in Decatur City Schools.