State Pre-K (available for children who are 4-years-old by September 1, 2017)
- Students must be 4-years-old by September 1, 2017.
- Tuition will be based on a sliding scale using household income.
- The State-funded Pre-K units at Ben Davis, Chestnut Grove, Eastwood, Frances Nungester and Woodmeade are open to any Alabama resident who meets the age requirement, who follows the online registration procedure noted below, and who submits proof of age as noted below.
- The State Pre-K registration has moved to a state website for the 2017-2018 school year. Decatur City has five State Pre-K classroom programs. You may register for as many of these as you prefer, but you must be registered by March 31, 2017, for any or all that you prefer and you MUST have submitted proof of age for your child by email at OECE@dcs.edu or in person at 302 4th Avenue, NE, Decatur, Alabama 35601 no later than 3:30 P.M. on April 7, 2017.
- The random drawing for each program will take place on May 18 at the Decatur City Schools Central Office at 10:00 A.M. You will be notified if your child’s name is drawn.
- Register at
- During the registration process, you will be asked for a site code. Use the following site codes for our Pre-K Classroom Programs (remember to register for each one you would like to be considered for):
- Benjamin Davis Elementary -- 183856
- Chestnut Grove Elementary -- 183859
- Eastwood Elementary -- 186102
- Frances Nungester Elementary -- 183866
- Woodmeade Elementary -- 183872
Spanish-speaking families may call 256-308-2545 for translation help. (Para ayuda en Español, familias hispanohablantes pueden llamar al 256-308-2545.)