Online Meal Application -- https://onlinemealapp.dcs.edu/
"Decatur City Schools continues participation in a program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2017-2018 school year.
What does this mean for you and your children?
ALL students at the schools listed below will receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school AT NO COST!
- Austinville Elementary
- Banks-Caddell Elementary
- Brookhaven Middle School
- Chestnut Grove Elementary
- Frances Nungester Elementary
- Oak Park Middle School
- Somerville Road Elementary
- West Decatur Elementary
- Woodmeade Elementary
If all of your children attend the above schools, what do you need to do?
- You do not need to do anything.
- You do not have to pay any money for meals or fill out any forms.
- You do not need to send your child to school early for breakfast. Breakfast will be part of the school day.
If all of your children do not attend the above schools and you do not receive a letter telling you that you will receive free meals for 2017-2018 due to direct certification, what do you need to do?
- You will need to complete and submit a 2017-2018 application. On-line applications can be found at https://onlinemealapp.dcs.edu/.
- Include all of your children on the application including children attending schools listed above.
If you have any questions, please call 256-560-6801 or email at Julia.Senn@dcs.edu
Eating breakfast at school helps children learn –
make breakfast a part of the school day!
The Breakfast In The Classroom program takes school breakfast and improves it by bringing the benefits to all students – after the bell rings.
What is Breakfast In The Classroom? Breakfast In The Classroom provides breakfast at no charge to every student, faculty, and staff in a qualifying school.
Which Decatur City Schools have Breakfast In The Classroom? Austinville Elementary, Banks-Caddell Elementary, Chestnut Grove Elementary, Frances Nungester Elementary, Oak Park Middle School, Somerville Road Elementary, West Decatur Elementary, Woodmeade Elementary, and Brookhaven Middle School.
- How does Breakfast In The Classroom work? Students will find breakfast waiting for them in insulated food carriers. They eat as teachers collect lunch money, take attendance, and prepare for the day.
- What if my child does not attend one of the qualifying schools? Traditional breakfast will be served in the cafeteria at all other Decatur City Schools.